Thursday, July 25, 2002

So I've started a blog.
I guess I'll begin by posting my responses a year ago to one of those "get to know you" mass emails.
Some of my answers are the same.


Brain Tour

1. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BOOK?
Dune. Narnia Chronicles. Desire of the Everlasting Hills.
Cloister Walk. 1984.

2. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSEPAD?
At work, it's solid black, like a heart of darkness.
I have no computer at home.

3. FAVORITE MAGAZINE?
National Geographic (I like pictures).

4. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Flowers. Some kinds of womens' shampoo.

5. FAVORITE SOUNDS?
U2 music. Some classical guitar. Rain outside. Silence.

6. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?
Being stuck in the middle of nowhere when your car breaks down. But then magic Native Americans show up out of nowhere and happen to have a grappling hook that drags your car out of the ditch it fell into and everything is peachy again.

7. FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
Oh wow, "they" didn't get me. I live to see another day.
Usually, it's just, "I overslept by an hour and a half again!"

8. ROLLER COASTER - SCARY OR EXCITING?
Exciting. I prefer rickety old wooden roller coasters to
sleek new ones, where you feel like it's gonna break any second.

9. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE?
Usually 2.

10. FUTURE DAUGHTER'S NAME?
Rachel.

11. FAVORITE FOODS?
Used to be Carl's Jr's Western Bacon Cheeseburger and pizza. Then I turned Yuppie and decided I liked frappuccinos and hummus.

12. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA?
Vanilla. Chocolate's just too much.

13. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST?
Yes. Why drive slow?

14. DO YOU SLEEP WITH STUFFED ANIMALS?
No. Never have. But when I was young and angry, I used to beat them up.

15. STORMS - COOL OR SCARY?
Cool and scary. If you're stuck in the wilds without shelter or dry/warm clothing, then they're just cool.

16. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
1986 Mazda 323, manual transmission. Lots of people have driven it. Five learned to drive stick on it. Almost blew it up in the desert as a fitting end. Once thought of driving it to the Darien Gap in Central America on an Alaska to Tierra Del Fuego adventure.
Sort of.

17. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON, DEAD OR ALIVE, WHO WOULD IT BE?
Jesus comes to mind.

18. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC DRINK?
Wine. Fruity things mostly. If it's hard drinkin' time, whiskey.

19. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN?
Sagittarius, but I had no control over that. Which reminds me of a thot Mikey had:
I think a really funny joke would be for NASA to send up rockets and push a
bunch of planets out of alignment. Then they could sit back and laugh when
everyone realizes that their horoscopes aren't coming true.


20. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI?
Yes, but I had to grow into it.

21. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
"Travelling healer, poet warrior, and intrepid explorer of the freaky way-out forever pattern."

22. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR?
I tried blonde and black. I'll stick with my own for now. But auburn might be interesting to try.

23. EVER BEEN IN LOVE
Yes, twice by my reckoning.

24. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL?
Wait a second... okay, now it's totally empty.

25. FAVORITE MOVIES?
Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Apocalypse Now, Schindler's List, The Mission.

26. ARE YOU A LEFTY OR A RIGHTY?
Right. You are correct, sir.

27. FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
Monopoly? Balderdash is good.

28. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE KEYS?
You could say that.

29. WHAT'S UNDER YOU BED?
I don't have a bed. The cold earth is below me.

30. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER?
I was once told that it should be 137.
So there it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home