Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Space, Weddings, and Mayans ( O My ! )

HeliopolisI just got a call from a reporter at the Seattle Times. I've received only a few calls from reporters in the past few years, mostly about space development. I'm usually nervous that I'll say something stupid, but then it goes okay. This reporter was curious about my involvement with a mysterious company known as Blue Origin, a space research company owned by Amazon.com's Jeff Bezos which has "the ultimate goal of contributing to an enduring human presence in space." Last year, a group of students and I worked on a design study for a profitable, large space construction and manufacturing facility known as Heliopolis. So I spoke a bit about that project and where I thought private companies like Blue Origin could make a contribution toward expanding the human presence in space.

Wish you were here.This past weekend, I went to a wedding of a good friend since third grade, Colin Bishop. He and Selenne Aguilar were married in a big Catholic church in San Francisco, just a few blocks from the notorious corner of Haight & Ashbury. The service was in Spanish and English, as was the reception (the music was Mexican, but the food was, I guess, Polish?). The whole Anaheim gang was there in full effect: Sean, Alex, Chris, John, Patrick. We had a great time hangin' at the reception and the night before at Lefty O'Douls.

There've been a lot of weddings this year. But I guess that's it for weddings this year. I expect more, up until the Last Day.

I would talk about the trip Jessica and I took to the Yucatan, but I'm a bit tired right now. So you'll just have to wait. So nyaa!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home