Monday, November 17, 2003



Veteran's day was last week. We should pray for the safety of all involved in the military, and if at all possible, peace for all people.

As if real life military conflict weren't enough, I saw Matrix: Revolutions and didn't think it was that bad. But it left me wanting to know more about the history and future of the story of that world. Maybe there won't be anymore movies. Oh well. Machines as Satan and epic battles with machines as Armageddon is perhaps an eschatology whose time has come and gone. Somebody needs to tell that to the Terminator series as well.

Last week, I helped organize a small workshop on an interesting class of physical problems called "full body problems," in which two or more extended bodies interact, e.g., an asteroid pair, consisting of two irregularly shaped asteroids interacting through their gravitational potential. The workshop went well. I think I won't need to give another presentation until January 7. Whew... Maybe now I can finally focus on writing my thesis. I really need time to just focus on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home