Friday, March 26, 2004

Post-Foetal Ramblings

Stuff happening


My sister just started working at Target and she and her fiance have a date set for their wedding: November 6, 2004. I think it's in the middle of the week in Galveston, Texas, and other details are being worked out. My mom also got a job at Barnes and Noble and we're all very happy. It's good that she's working again. I'll probably be going to visit Texas sometime in April regarding a faculty interview at Texas A&M, and as it's near my sister, mom, and dad, I'll pay them a visit.

So I'm working as a consultant at Boeing in El Segundo twice a week now, and I've had to learn to get along with Windows, which seems to be everywhere. At least in the group I'm working with, they have a secret stash of Unix machines for doing the real work.

Lemme tell you, it's not easy getting along with Windows after having been with Macs and Linux for so long. All this My Documents, My Settings, My Blah blah crap is getting stupid. What am I, five years old? Windows can be so annoying. And the paperclip guy! Don't get me started! No me empiezas! If only Macs would invade the corporate world, the world would be simpler, sleeker, and less conducive to making me break stuff.

Anyway, I turned in my thesis this week to the Dean's office and also to my committee members. D-Day is April 7th (the day of the defense). I'm also giving a public lecture aimed at a more general audience on Cinco de Mayo at 4pm at Caltech. Please come if you can. It's entitled The Interplanetary Transport Network: Space Transportation Architecture for the 21st Century. It should be a hoot and have lot's of pictures and movies to make the math and stuff visualizable.

I found out today that Tim Henson and Ramon Mayo have blogs. You should start one too.

Anyone going to the Prince concert on Monday? I'm not, but I'm guessing it would be cool. (By the way, Jessica says hello -- I'm on the phone with her.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home