Saturday, September 23, 2006

My letter to Trader Joe's

Dear, dear, dear TRADER JOE'S,
BLACKSBURG is is a college town in desperate need of a Trader Joe's. My husband and I just moved here two months ago. When people ask what do I miss the most, I say, besides family and friends, I miss Trader Joe's the most.
We moved here from Los Angeles- where you can get almost anything you want everywhere! But TJ's is the best. Here there are two major grocery stores, and one small "world market".
I am not the only one that feels this way. There are other people here that remember and loved TJ's. There are lots of transplanted families here. They come here pursuing higher education or, like myself, moved here because a spouse was hired by the university.
They share my pain. They defeatedly say they just got used to not having one. I don't want to get used to it, I want a Trader Joe's! I want to start a campaign to get one in this town. What are your requirements to open one up here?
- this is a college town.
- the biggest population group is college age
check out the stats at the Blacksburg gov. page...

Trust me, there are lots of people here that know and miss Trader Joes!

Another thing, since this is a college town, it means people here are transient. Therefore, they will love TJs and go to their towns and will spread the word about this great place called Trader Joes.
But no worries about losing customers and all that, because in the US Census Bureau Metropolitan Statistical Area that includes Blacksburg, Christiansburg, and Radford (where there is another university) there is a permanent population of a hundred thousand that will surely keep business steady.

I love, love, love Trader Joes! Please come to my town.

Sincerely,
Jessica

The link to the email form letter to TJ's is here.

1 Comments:

Blogger kika said...

Check it out, I am not the only freak that loves TJ's!!

http://www.dcist.com/archives/2006/08/28/a_campaign_for.php

http://www.traderjoesfan.com/

9:56 PM, September 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home