Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Thanks to a tip from Ryan, I think I'll be taking a Salsa dancing class starting next week. I saw some Salsa in Europe and tried a bit with Jessica in Mexico. I'd like to know what I'm doing. It looks fun!

Speaking of dancing... I spent most of the morning putting together some simple algorithms so one of the Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship students can complete his project by next week. He's working on calculating the probablity of capture when you have two asteroids flying by each other together in space. Unlike "two ships passing in the night," these asteroids are big enough to exert a pull on each other which sometimes makes them come together for a little celestial dance; some bind together for life in a process of collision, others drift apart after their brief dance, returning to the darkness and uncertainty of space...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home