Sunday, June 06, 2004

D-Day

loss and freedom


it is still and quiet now, unlike d-day

a day of many losses so long ago

a week of many losses too near to bear



a woman lost a cousin

a son lost his mother

a nation lost a leader



and june 6 many years ago,

many were lost in the fight for freedom

for their freedom and the freedom of others



all have passed from this world

to the land beyond

will we all meet again?



where the spirit of the Lord is

there is liberty

there is freedom and not bondage



who will free me from this body of death?

who will release me from this slavery?

will the author of freedom please stand up?



will he please write me in to the roll?

how will I respond to the freedom?

and what will I do with that freedom?



make choices

and live

and love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home