Monday, January 23, 2006

have ingredients, need recipe

I want to know if anybody has come across a "reverse cookbook."

I want to be able to enter the ingredients I have, and let the search engine show me a list of recipes, perhaps even several course meals, that I can make with what I have.

I am imagining that you can get an account on the website, and make an exhaustive list of things that usually don't need replacing, unperishables like spices. When you're about ready to cook, you can give it perishables (meat, vegetables, etc) and it will tell you what you can make!

Update1: I found What's in your Pantry?. The site says, "Tell us what ingredients you have on hand and we'll find recipes to match." This is kinda what I was talking about, but not exactly: it still asks for ingredients that I don't have.

Update2: A Google-based recipe search

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home