Thursday, January 05, 2006

New Years in Texas


The past week, Jessica and I went to Texas, around Houston and Waco, to visit some of my family. It was fun. We got to see the new house of my sister and her husband. The big fun was having an illicit bonfire, around which at least two dozen persons hovered.

Fun was had as dangerous firecrackers went off and the bonfires flames soared upward. My mom even twirled a sparkler. It was a Yuletide moment.

But the fun was cut short by the authorities, represented by the Volunteer Fire Department from the city of Cut-N-Shoot. Could there be a more Texas sounding town name? Nobody got arrested or cited. I guess there was a fire ban in effect. In any case, the embers were still smoking in the morning, when the sun, thank goodness, returned.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to Los Angeles. Is it me or does your blog has a more Johnny Cash look now?

john from Ann Arbor

11:37 PM, January 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ya'll, Happy New Year!

Nominate Shane's blog at
http://2006.bloggies.com/

jessica

8:20 PM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger Matt said...

AHHHHH!

Where's Tag Board?

8:42 AM, January 07, 2006  
Blogger shane said...

Tag Board... well, I have a few issues with it.

1. What is it being used for?
2. The limit of posts to 200 characters is annoying.
3. There's no archiving, and I like archiving.
4. The Tag Board's current color scheme and font may clash too much with the rest of the page, and I'm too lazy to figure out how to change it.

4:10 PM, January 10, 2006  
Blogger Jenny said...

I think the picture of you & Jessica is cute. :)

9:41 PM, January 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home