Saturday, October 29, 2005

First year of marriage

Since Travis is getting married to Trisha today and next week, Tim is getting married to Cailin next week, and my sister and Chris, and Jessica and myself are all still in our first year of marriage, it reminded me of a good verse to follow for that first year:

If a man has recently married, he must not be sent to war or have any other duty laid on him. For one year he is to be free to stay at home and bring happiness to the wife he has married. (Deuteronomy 24:5 NIV)

Let that first year be one without additional distractions!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's say an amen to that!

John from Ann Arbor

12:33 AM, October 30, 2005  
Blogger Natalie said...

Here here, thats right and this first year as been awesome, that was fast is all I gotta say. This Sunday marks our first year!

Natalie (a.k.a Shane's sister)

5:58 PM, October 31, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with that verse. Unfortunately within the first year of our marriage, my husband who's in the airforce will be deployed to Iraq for 4 months. I really wish we could have a "first year" of no distractions. i have faith we will definately succeed in our marriage. But it will definately take some hard work.

10:40 PM, January 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home