Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My recent travels

Just in case you were wondering what I've been up to, I've been interviewing at several places for a professorship position. In the space of a week and a half I had interviews at Virginia Tech, University of Maryland, and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. This was a grueling schedule, but being interviewed is a good sign that places are interested. And this is on top of two previous interviews at University of Michigan and University of California at Irvine. I've interviewed in different departments at each university: math, engineering science and mechanics, aerospace and mechanical engineering, and two simply aerospace departments.

I won't say exactly where I'm going yet, but I'll say that I've started receiving job offers, which I am very thankful to God about. Jessica and I are praying for guidance in this decision. A friend has prayed that God would make the path clear by opening doors and closing others. I could take this to mean that one place will stand out over the others. But then that would make choosing too easy. I can see how God may want us (me) to learn how to make decisions, as decision making is very important.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Woah - congratulations, Shane! This is super cool!

I hope all goes well and am anxious to hear what the final outcome will be!

8:09 PM, February 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home