Tuesday, June 06, 2006

What is a housewife to do?

Well, my last day of work was about 3 1/2 weeks ago. It took me a week and a half to figure out that since I don't intend to go back to work for a while... that makes me a housewife. For a while there, I felt like I was on an extended weekend. Just doing miscellaneous things, vegetating while watching tv, running errands, shopping, cooking, cleaning... just random stuff. When people asked what I've been up to, I'd give really lame answers. I don't have a solid answer because nothing is routine. Almost a month now, and I am just now getting better at completing the items on my to-do lists.

This is really kinda funny. It is as if I am just now learning how to be a wife. Even though we've been married a year and four months, this is awkward for me. Before I left my job, we both worked and tried keeping house, making food and all that... but now, I guess, all that is for me to do. Keep the house clean, make meals, run errands... and other misc.? Without a set routine or schedule, it is hard not to feel like I'm on an extended weekend/vacation.... It has helped that Shane has started asking, "What do you have planned for today?" Or, "what did you do today?" In a positive way, those questions motivate me to get stuff done.

All in all, even though it is an awkward stage, I am happy to be able to stay home and be a housewife. I am very blessed to have an awesome husband. I love you, Shane.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

I have a really hard time being at home all day long and not having to go and do something, be it work or school.

3:43 PM, June 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, after a while I just don't know what to do with myself.
Yesterday, I drew a picture of one of our armchairs that needs fixing. I planned to take my drawing to the upholsterer... I am sure a digital picture would've been easier, but drawing it was much more fun.
As a kid when I'd get bored I would draw anything I saw, tables, chairs, and other inanimate objects. Even things I had pictures of.... horses, dogs, cats.... cartoons. So, I guess I will take up drawing as my hobby. kika

12:20 AM, June 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home