Monday, August 19, 2002

Hey, if any of you put the Strokes cd in my mailbox some months ago, please step forward. I love it! The Strokes may be poised to save rock 'n' roll-- a claim I once reserved for Guns 'n' Roses, but they have yet to make good on that claim.

The Strokes remind me a bit of Weezer, a band I've like since the early 90s. Has anyone heard Weezer's last few albums? I've heard rumors that they're good.

Which reminds me of the summer of 1995. I was way into Weezer and Live, so I went to see both in concert. I saw Live at Irvine Meadows, the only time I've ever been there. It was okay. I like outdoor venues. Weezer I saw at Univseral City. My friends and I were among the oldest ones there at age 19! The lead singer had hurt his leg, but he came out on crutches and sang anyway. It was a real triumph of the human spirit.

shane ross probably lied in the past few days,
but he doesn't remember

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home