Saturday, November 30, 2002

I am in Oakhurst with my family and some friends. Yesterday, Ryan and I went geocaching in the woods north of Bass Lake and stared Death in the face. Geocaching is kind of like a scavenger hunt where you never meet the other participants. People with GPS receivers leave ammo cans filled with trinkets and a log book somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Then they post the GPS coordinates on the web and other people go find it. You find the ammo can with a GPS receiver, sign the log book, take a trinket and leave a trinket, and then go about your merry way. It's a fun excuse to go hiking and trekking crosscrounty. Yesterday we went about 10 miles with a 1700 ft elevation gain. Stephen was sick and stayed around at home.

Last night, I joined hundreds of Yosemite High Badger fans for the post-game antics at The Pines Village Brewery. Mostly I talked to cousins and their satellites. Then I came back and slept. Today we are asking my four year old cousin Jaecie all kinds of questions like What does a doctor do?, What is justice?, and Where do dragons live? She answers with things like, 'I can run around with my eyes closed', or 'I can count to 32.' This kind of Socratic method is very fun when you're four.

I hope your weekend is cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home