Friday, May 30, 2003

Friday In Texas

I flew into Houston yesterday for my sister Natalie's high school graduation. She picked me up, and since I got in late so we had a late dinner at TGI Friday's in The Woodlands. I was really hungry because they didn't serve any food on America West Airlines, save for those honey roasted peanuts. Oh well.

At dinner, I drank a V-8 juice and we exchanged gifts. I gave her an Italian phrasebook and she gave me a set of little espresso cups that reminded her of Italy (hmm, notice a pattern). They're sleek and black and I'm ready to use them! Now I just need an espresso machine. Or I'll bust out that little espresso thing Tim gave me a few years ago when he lived in Turin, home of everyone's favorite shroud.

Today (being Friday, by the way) we played with the newest addition to the household on Arcturus. That's the street where my mom, sister, and other humans and animals live -- kinda like a commune. It's a kitty named "Sky" (hmm, a new unisex name?). It attacks anything that moves and many things that don't.

You know, I was thinking about how territorial and isolated cats are in the wild. I mean, can you imagine anyone herding cats?

I didn't herd cats today, but I did take the house bitch, Thumper, for a walk. She responded well and wasn't too unruly. Summer must be tough for a German shepherd.

I saw today's Friday Five on Jenny's blog. So I guess I'll answer them. Then I'll go over to my dad's place to have a bonfire.



1. What do you most want to be remembered for?

I want to be remembered by people I know, as someone who loved them and to whom they could turn.



2. What quotation best fits your outlook on life?

  • Ideally, "The time has come: God's kingdom is approaching; open your hearts and
    believe the good news." -- Jesus of Nazareth (c. AD 27 ).
  • Day to day, it's more like, "The unexamined life is not worth living." -- Socrates (5th century BC).
  • Sometimes, "Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow, we die!"
  • Others here.




    3. What single achievement are you most proud of in the past year?

    Taking my sister to Italy as a graduation gift last summer.



    4. What about the past ten years?

    I guess it would be living in the wild during the summer of `98.



    5. If you were asked to give a child a single piece of advice to guide them through life, what would you say?

    Seek God and depend on Him. Follow your passions. Take care of your brothers and sisters.



    Good night, New York!

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home