Tuesday, May 20, 2003

Houston, Texas

mind purge on the fine city of Houston

I have family all over texas; Waco, Dallas, San Antonia. My
immediate family lives near Houston. Well, quite a bit outside Houston,
about 50 miles to the north (I live outside Houston too, about 1500 miles or so). There's a lake there, Lake Conroe, and a lot
of people who work in Texas live out there in the extended subburbs
nearby -- places with names like Willis, Conroe, Grangerland, The Woodlands, and my favorite, Cut n' Shoot. Of course, President W's home in Crawford is
pretty close too. (My dad was nearly Chief of Police there!)


Most of the people my family and I know in the area don't go to Houston much,
unless they work there. They live near the fourth most populous city in
the US, but you wouldn't know it. I guess the drive is considered too far.
Besides, many people move out there to get away from the big city life, with all of our city slicker ways.


I go back to visit my family at least once a year. I'll be going to see my sister graduate in two weeks. Despite being so
close, I haven't been to Houston much, except for when John Lin and Ryan Cox came last December. I've been to the NASA center
there, and some places nearby. I know there're a lot of seafood places,
since Houston is close to the Gulf of Mexico. I've heard Houston has all
the cultural amenities you'd expect from a big city. My sister's been to
some musicals and church conferences there and seems to like the city.
She also enjoys going to the Gulf coast. Rumor has it that her fiance proposed to her on the beach in Galveston.

Rumor also has it you can't surf Galveston -- the waves are too feeble.


I wish I could say more, but that's about the store of my knowledge. I considered going to Rice University (in Houston) as an undergrad, but then the superfreaks wait-listed me. The cowards! Of course, if I end up working at the NASA center there, I'm sure I'd
explore and learn more. But then, I think I'm steering more toward academia for now.

Okay, now get back to work.

Do stuff.

Yes, that means you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home