Friday, July 30, 2004

Drive-By Cowards

Last night as I biked two blocks, on my way home from Jessica's place, I was attacked by some kind of drive-by shooting. At first, I didn't know what it was, I had just made a left turn and I remember a car behind me slowing down and firing several things which whizzed by me. Bullets, I supposed, and kept pedaling. I just wanted to get away from the attackers. I was a fairly dark, but big target, but with a flashing red light on the back of the bike to signal the middle of the target. I didn't feel getting hit or see any blood, which was good. And then the car was gone. And I went half a block to my place and went inside.

As I was getting into my place, I thought that maybe they were shooting paintball things and not bullets. I had a backpack on, in the direction of the attack when it happened. So I took it off and surveyed it. Sure enough, there was some green ooze on one part of the pack. Some idiot hooligans had decided they would shoot at random strangers in the night with their new semi-automatic paintball gun.

It's a pretty cowardly act to randomly attack someone who isn't expecting it and then drive off. Those who get their kicks from this kind of stuff are sick. It reminds me of what a convicted felon once said. He said that criminals think they're tough when they hold a gun to someone's head. But really, they're cowards. How much more cowardly could you be then to force someone to do something under pain of injury or death? "Gangstas", punks, or whoever they are may think they're macho and tough, but it's quite the opposite. I hope they learn to be real men, and not cowards, especially before it's too late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home