Tuesday, March 28, 2006

New Scientist article on space tubes

When I checked my mail on Saturday, the topic on the cover of my New Scientist magazine looked familiar. It appears that they decided to run a story on these tubes through space, acknowledging work by myself as well as colleagues in Germany. It was kind of shocking to see images which were totally based on my own pictures, but without any credit. But I suppose these images and the concepts underlying them do not belong to me. In the spirit of scientific inquiry, they belong to the world. And I should be grateful that lay people interested in science find them important enough to read about!

In any case, another article, this one written by myself and more comprehensive, will be appearing in a few weeks in American Scientist, the magazine of the scientific research society Sigma Xi. There may even be a cool cover picture of two galaxies exchanging stars through galactic tubes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home