Monday, May 14, 2007

Lovely day out.

I have started a little nursery in our living room. My plan is to plant veggies and herbs at my friend's garden. She asked me to first plant the seeds indoors to avoid the frosts. I planted cucumbers, zucchini's, cherry tomatoes, jalapenos (of course!), cilantro, basil, and rosemary. I think that is all. She has planted all kinds of other stuff.. but these are the first things, ever, I have attempted to grow. We'll see how it goes. I am also trying to grow lavender. So far my seedlings are growing nicely.

The days have been pretty lately. For a while it would rain, but mostly it has been sunny. The VT commencements were over the weekend. We were out of town. We went to Winston-Salem, North Carolina. It was fun. They have a cool little downtown with lots of small shops and restaurants that reminded me of Pasadena. We had pizza at a place called the "Mellow Mushroom". It was quite the hip little joint- by the looks of it you'd expect they'd be playing alternative & modern rock music. But you'd be totally wrong. They were playing classical and slow "mellow" music. They had a long beer list with interesting names. I already forgot the name of the beer I tried- but I do remember that it had "doggie-style" in the name. It was a pale ale. The pizza was really tasty- jerk chicken style.

Anyhow, part of our journey included a trip into Highpoint, North Carolina - "the Home Furnishings Capital of the World".

We went to this store specifically to see the giant dresser in front of it. See the picture in the middle of the page? It is really that tall.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

That is one large dresser.

11:12 PM, May 14, 2007  
Blogger kika said...

Yeah, it looks much more interesting in person though.

8:14 PM, May 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home