Tuesday, March 27, 2007

We got our new pastor!

The pastor has been here since the first week of March. He is pretty cool. How can he not be, he is originally from CA?! :)

Anyway, I really dig his preaching style. He is straight all about the Word. We've been studying Mark 1 for the last 4 weeks. So much in there! I am really happy that he digs in and deep.

In other news...
Springtime is here! Yay! I am loving it. Some trees have started blooming. The ones with white fluffy flowers and these wild weedlike bushes that bloom bright yellow flowers. They are really pretty. My friend and I went over to one of my neighbor's (down the street) garden to pick these. She gave us some of what she was pruning off of her bushes. She says they grow like crazy! I think they are just so bright and lively. When Shane first saw them he thought they were sticklike and artsy. They were, right before they fully bloomed. ANyhow, I love 'em!

These days have been very reminiscent of summer nights in CA. It's been in the 70's almost 80's and cooler in the evenings. I think this will be my favorite season. Summer, here, is quite unbearable all hot and humid. The only consolation is the beautiful display of fireflies in the evening.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

I'm so jealous - we still have dead trees up here. :(

1:14 PM, March 27, 2007  
Blogger kika said...

Well, there are plenty of those around here, too. Which makes these yellow bushes stand out by contrast.

2:09 PM, March 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home