Thursday, March 01, 2007

Today is blah.

It is so gray and gloomy outside. It is predicted that we'll be getting thunderstorms this afternoon. According to the forecast it should be starting any minute now. A perfect day for staying in to work on long neglected projects.

I just finished rewiring two old lamps. They've been in storage for at least a year now. I am glad that I finally completed that project. It was pretty easy but scary.

When almost ready to finish I reread the instructions to double check everything. In doing so, I noticed something I hadn't the first time. They stated that "the device should be installed only by an electrician or other qualified person." So, you can imagine my hesitation to plug in the first finished lamp.

So, I went to a wall socket that I knew had a special circuit breaker mechanism... the one in the bathroom. Then I sat on the sink so that I would not be "grounded." Fortunately, the light turned on and I did not get electrocuted. That was the first lamp. The second one will have to wait, because I don't have a light bulb to test it out.

That was my project for today. One of eight pending. Next is the sand bottle collection.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

You are brave!

1:31 PM, March 01, 2007  
Blogger kika said...

Hahaha... I kept thinking to myself "just follow the instructions and you'll be fine." Then, "maybe I should call Shane and have him on the line while I try this out. That way if I get shocked, he'll know that I need help." Those kind of thoughts crossed my mind for half a minute, then I just took the chance. I still think it was kind of a near-death experience. Sort of.

7:55 PM, March 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home