Thursday, February 28, 2008

Week 37

Two baby showers later, and we still haven't got all that we need. It is amazing how the list can be so long. Even when you've got what you think is enough there is always something out there that you gotta get. Then there are so many things that are so much just part of the business (reminds me of weddings). Anyhow, I am so thankful because we have gotten some really cute stuff. Some friends have knitted some really cute sweaters, hats, booties and blankets.... My mom wanted to knit me a blanket. She completed a cute beanie and booties. She was stressing over making a sweater, but I told her not to because there are plenty already. I've gotten several handmade articles of clothing and blankets. They are so cute that it's almost a shame that baby's outgrow them rather quickly.

Today, my rocking chair was delivered along with a new dresser. I am really motivated to complete the whole set up (could this be me "nesting"?). Last night I was up until 1:15 am rearranging and planning for the delivery of the dresser and rocking chair! I've already washed most of the clothes that will be immediately necessary. I made a funny discovery in doing so. I feel rather silly admitting this, but here goes. I've always known that babies have a special sweet smell (no, I am not talking about spit up and poop!). Most people will say it's sweet and that it eventually fades. I always thought that it was sweet and pleasant. So cute. Well while doing laundry, I discovered, that what I had always thought was the "sweet smell of a baby" was actually the smell of the special laundry detergent- Dreft! I guess I will find out what the "real" baby smell people are talking about soon enough.

In the last couple of weeks Shane's been able to listen to the baby's heart rate with a stethoscope. Pretty cool. We've been able to feel the baby hiccuping, too. Even though I am starting to feel more and more excited about meeting the baby, I am not yet excited about giving birth. The belly-movement-watching is too much fun! I am not ready to part with my belly!

As for the last post about the video... it apparently got a little over a thousand views in a week. That was enough to get Shane to remove it.

Alright, now I am just itching to get started with finalizing the bedroom/nursery setup. Gotta go now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous 3D ultrasounds said...

Thanks For information.

2:44 AM, April 08, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home