Thursday, December 23, 2004

License to marry

Today Jessica and I got our marriage license. So we're licensed by the county of Los Angeles to marry each other in the next three months.

I guess it's like the license the state gives you to drive a car, but for marriage.

Remember, since we live in a public world, breathing public air, marriage is a privilege, and not a right. I guess that's why the state thinks our marriage is its business.

But seriously, it was a big deal since we had to give an oath together. It was the first time we had to do something like that together and I think it got to us both. And last night, I was listening to some wedding type music, and I got goosebumps. I haven't had that yet. Jessica says it happens to her whenever she tries on her dress and stuff. But I hadn't felt it yet. I mean, we're getting married! It's only three weeks away now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home