Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving...

We went to Shane's aunt and uncle's house in Reston, VA. It was nice. We had cajun flavored turkey!

Aunt Charlotte and Uncle Alex are pretty awesome people. A real power couple. They have their own business and they travel the world. Uncle Alex enjoys cooking exotic gourmet food- so they really gave us a treat with every meal. Lots of healthy yet delicious touches to everything served. Wine, nuts, spreads... I came back with some ideas on how to make food tastier and fancy looking!

While on our visit, I managed to finish crocheting a hat/beanie... it was a new stitch that my mom taught me the last time I saw her. It came out pretty nice. I gave it to Aunt Charlotte. It looked really pretty on her. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture.

We had sunny and warm weather while there. We took the Metro to DC and visited the Lincoln Memorial and the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial Wall. It was crowded! Lots of people. We didn't stay very long. We walked around, and saw the backside of the White House. It really is white... all around. Blah. There were no Christmas decorations, yet.

We had a good time. I am glad that we went. Even though we didn't spend it with my family, it was nice to spend time with Shane's. To get to know them better and such. In Spanish it is called "convivir". Literally to "coexist", but beyond... to spend time together, get to know each other,... it is just nice.

When we returned I discovered that someone stole our pumpkin that we left outside our front door. Oh well, I guess I won't be making empanadas this Christmas! Those bandits!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

a.) I love empanadas.

b.) Reston, VA!! Is one of them one of my mystery blog readers? Last spring when I was looking at my statistics more, I would consistently have a visitor from Reston, VA.

2:28 PM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger kika said...

I have no idea if they check any blogs.

Empanadas are good to eat. I will have to see if the grocery store still sells pumpkins. I was really looking forward to making them. I made pumpkin bread with two little pumpkins I had on the dinner table. But the big pumpkin was not going to be pureed... I was going to leave it chunky/stringy and gooey/syrupy with lots of brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves... I am really bummed. Those bandits!! (gesture,angry eyes, tight lips and shaking fist in air!!) URgggh!

2:46 PM, November 27, 2006  
Blogger kika said...

We have a mystery blog reader from Irvine.

Hey IRvine, who are you?
Make yourself known... drop a comment sometime.
Anyone, for that matter. :)

I don't see too many regulars... it is just unusual to recognize a city and to surely know that I don't know anyone there. Well I do know one person, but I am not sure she knows about the blog.

Well anyway... thanks for commenting, Jenny.

10:47 PM, November 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home