Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My first harvest!



Okay, no... these are my zucchinis!

I cut three zucchinis! Yay! They were ittybitty just 10 days ago... and today they were 7 inches long. Shane is incredulous about how quickly they grew. People around here joke that this is the season in which everyone keeps their car doors locked so that they won't get zucchini gifts left in them. Ilove zucchini so I can't wait to get that many zucchinis. I'll eat them any which way; fried, baked, with corn, raw with dressing, in soup, and on and on.
I hope I grow lots of them because at the store because they aren't consistently fresh. When they are passed their prime they taste really awful and bitter.

Now, let's see about the tomatoes, jalapenos and cucumbers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

mmm, sounds good!!

1:08 AM, June 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home