Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Boston

The reason we were in Boston was to attend our friend Stephen's wedding. - Stephen and Rachel welcome to the club! :)

Well, we arrived on Thursday night. Friday morning we got up and headed straight to town. We started walking the Freedom Trail. Then we bought tickets to a trolley tour. It was nice not to have to walk very much. The tour allowed us to hop on and off at different parts so that was very convenient. It rained at some point and I really appreciated the ability to get around on a trolley. Our tickets allowed to ride again on Sunday, so we didn't complete the tour. We had to get back to our hotel to get ready for dinner.

We were invited to the rehearsal dinner. It was very nice. Lots of family and close friends. It was a small reunion for Shane and some of his old Caltech buddies. Funny stories were told about the couple. Their's is going to be an exciting marriage!

Saturday, we continued our walk on the freedom trail. We met up with Kurt and his baby, mom, stepdad, and aunt. We walked around some cemetery that gave us a few chuckles. There were tombstones with names like Increase, Patience, Obedience, and Dorkas! Unbelievable.

We walked towards the North Church where the signal was given that started Paul Revere's famous journey- announcing the British were coming. We visited there for a while then went our separate ways. Shane and I proceeded walking to Paul Revere's old house, little Italy, then Haymarket. Haymarket was a humongous outdoor market where fruits and vegetables were sold. It was totally awesome! I wish we had one here. The fruit was super cheap. The catch was that you couldn't pick your own fruit you had to tell them how much you wanted and they bagged it for you. I bought three nectarines. The guy tried to give me a mushed up one but I was quick to tell him I didn't want that one. So he switched it for a better one.

We then returned to the hotel to get ready for the 4 o'clock wedding. It was a rather warm day. The wedding was really nice. They really didn't have to decorate much because it was a gorgeous church. The color scheme was red, orange and yellow. Very cheery. I liked it. I don't know the name of the flower, maybe mums? They were big daisy-like flowers. Really pretty. During the ceremony the bride's brother, father and future brother-in-law played an instrumental song on guitar. It was her song. I thought that was really sweet.

At the reception, again there was a mini Caltech reunion. It was really neat to be there. We mostly hung out with Kurt and Jen. I enjoyed seeing them so much.


Sunday- Tuesday to be continued....


Current Events:

My family is visiting from CA. Yay! My brother, his wife and kids got here Saturday morning. It's been a crazy busy time for me and Shane.

VT just started it's fall semester so Shane taught a class on Monday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

I believe the flower is called a gerber daisy. Did you take any pictures from the wedding? I would have really liked to go, but the cost, plus because it was on the same day as my grandpa's 90th birthday, I just really couldn't go. :(

10:43 PM, August 22, 2007  
Blogger kika said...

Yes we took pictures. Unfortunately it was with a disposable camera. We didn't have the digital one because Shane forgot it in CA. :(
We have not developed the film yet. We're so used to using the digital camera that I doubt that the disposable camera will have nice pictures. Real bummer. We'll see.

8:10 AM, August 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home