Wednesday, October 03, 2007

My Mom was in town.

It has been a busy time around here. My mom was been visiting from Sept. 6th through the 29th. We ran and lounged around a lot. My mom liked it here. She said it's really pretty. She loved that it is so green. She got a glimpse of the leaves starting to change. That was cool. We did lots! I will post some pics in a moment.

Life is good. The weather was pretty hot for a while, but it seems to be cooling down. It's great! Apparently something is going on with the environment that is making the leaves turn early. Its pretty, but early. So that is worrisome to the people that study the environment. Well anyway, I hope it isn't too grave.

I can't believe it is already October! The summer just blew right by. My garden is still somewhat alive. The jalapenos still look pretty. I hope they live through the winter. I think I will bring them into the house when it gets colder. The rest of the plants have a withered and dying look to them. The cherry tomatoes are still kinda growing, but I can't say that I really liked the them. They were itty bitty, smaller than marbles. Next year I will plant regular sized tomatoes.

While my mom was here we showed her our pictures from the past year. Amazing! It's been year already and we did so many things. This year will be different. Kinda like sophomore year in high school, everything is still kinda new but now we've got some experience.

The major difference this year will be that we will be more careful about our activities due to me being pregnant. (Yes, I am pregnant!) This changes everything! Last year we missed taking a canoe trip down the river to see the fall foliage and had planned to do it this year. Well, that is not gonna happen. Too dangerous. Yeah, I know our friend, Jen, canoed in Alaska while pregnant- but I am just not that brave!

Anyhow, I am three months pregnant. It has made this summer very interesting. Morning sickness while traveling and hosting family visits was extremely tiring. I love my family and I was so thrilled that they came out to visit, but it really wore me out. Now, I am so glad to finally be home relaxing and trying to get back into routine. I have the longest to-do list!

Answers to FAQ:
We don't know the gender of the baby- we want to be surprised.

We don't have names yet. We have some we are considering as middle names but nothing definite. If you have any ideas, please let us know. I want something that can be read in both English and Spanish. For example: David or Adelina....
It's a bit of a challenge. Even a name that has a Spanish version, like Matthew= Mateo, Andrew=Andres, .....
Well, that is what I would prefer, but any suggestions would be considered.

I am starting to show. I am in the in between stage where my pants don't zip all the way but maternity gear is still too big. So, I kinda just look a little fat in the middle.

The reality has not really sunk in. I mean, we talk about it, I feel sick, I've gone to the doctors, I have an ultrasound picture.... but the reality of it being a baby... not quite sunk in. It is unreal. Most people refer to their baby as "baby" or "he" or "she",... I can't stop referring to it as "it"! Soon I hope to feel it moving and it will become "baby". Maybe its because in Spanish I would refer to it in the same terms as he or she. Everything is conjugated in the terms of it, he or she. All the same. Hummm... maybe that explains it. It's my bilingualism. Whatever the case, I have to stop referring to the baby as "it".

Some pics coming soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Wow, congratulations!!!

2:03 AM, October 05, 2007  
Blogger kika said...

Thanks, Jenny!

7:26 PM, October 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home