Sunday, November 04, 2007

The countdown begins

We are halfway there. "There" meaning our due date. Today was day 141, so 139 days to go. Unbelievable! This week we get to do another ultrasound, this time in "4D". (Kinda creepy!)

The baby has started moving quite a bit. I feel better and am eating way more than before. My appetite seams insatiable. I can feel full, but still desire to keep eating. Food tastes great! Crazy.

Thankfully I didn't gain too much weight in the first trimester. Now, it's a matter of getting some exercise. I have started attending a water aerobics class ( with lots of older ladies). There is another pregnant woman there that is due in 2 weeks. She is huge! She says its the best thing she's enjoyed while pregnant. I hope I will love it as much as I get bigger.

This week I will attend my first La Leche League meeting. We'll see how that goes. I look forward to meeting other mommies!
The goal for this week is to sign up for childbirth classes, and other related classes (infant CPR, baby basics...).

The thing we must do, and are not particularly excited about doing, is buying a new car. New or used? Sedan, SUV, crossover? Apparently, the hospital will not release your baby unless you drive home in a car with an appropriate car seat, in the back. Our truck will not cut it. I guess it's been a long time overdue to get a family car. Any suggestions?

6 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

I really like my Mazda 3. I think right now Mazda is offering a 4.9% interest on financing, which is not too bad.

12:14 PM, November 06, 2007  
Blogger kika said...

Thanks, Jenny. We will have to look into that. A friend of mine just suggested that we should go buy our car seat first, then drag it along to wherever we do any test-driving. To make sure it fits and allows passenger space.

1:28 PM, November 07, 2007  
Blogger Giancarlo Licata, D.C. said...

Congratulations! We are always the last to find out these things. We have both, a Mazda 3 and a Honda Odyssey. The Honda is the best car we have ever had. It is more than a minivan! It has better gas mileage and room than an SUV, and is much more practical than a crossover. We wanted to be able to fit the dogs and go camping, and when you fold the 3rd row flat and remove the 2nd row, it is like having a truck with a shell.
Check it out.

Oh yeah, and it is much much safer than an SUV or Crossover too.

7:00 PM, November 07, 2007  
Blogger kika said...

Thanks, Giancarlo.
About the Honda, I just don't know if a minivan is in our immediate future. LOL!
Sounds like you are really happy with it. We will have to look into it. We had not even considered it.

9:21 PM, November 08, 2007  
Blogger Giancarlo Licata, D.C. said...

Its the new COOL!

2:33 AM, November 12, 2007  
Blogger kika said...

LOL!!! is it? I told Shane, and he thought it was strange that you have one! He would've never guessed. LOL!

But you see, we don't have two big dogs to carry around. It will only be us, a baby and a dog that will always be smaller than the baby. For now, I don't know how practical it is. Is it really good on gas?

10:48 AM, November 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home