Saturday, November 10, 2007

Leisurely Saturday

I woke up early this morning (early for a Saturday) at 7:45 am. I just couldn't stay in bed any longer. My back hurt and I just wasn't sleepy. So I grabbed a load of laundry from the hamper and sauntered down to the basement to put the wash in. I then went to the kitchen and made a delicious pot of oatmeal.

I have started flavoring it with Ovaltine, ground cinnamon, chopped walnuts and a tad bit of sugar. I make it with all milk and lots of it. I like to drink it. Shane likes it all thick. I just don't like it thick and dry, bleh! I learned to like it runny when I was in high school. Always running late I'd put it in a tall cup with lots of milk so that it was easy to consume on the way to school. So, ever since then I just prefer it that way. Anyhow, since Shane doesn't like it runny I have to make it thick first then add the extra milk to my bowl/cup.

So, I ate my oatmeal and then took some time to write thank you cards to a couple of my friends. For my birthday last week they were sweet to have a lunch gathering in my honor. (It has become a tradition for our circle of friends. We gather at someone's house and have a potluck.) They made posole. It was a great feast with all the trimmings. :)

So, after writing my cards I settled on clearing up some junk mail. Then my sleeping handsome came downstairs to have breakfast. At that time my brother, in Albuquerque, NM, called. He is a truck driver and works nights. Sometimes he calls me because he knows I am up. He was still working so we chatted for a while.

Since then, Shane and I have literally lounged our Saturday away. It is so cold out, 45 degrees! I've read some of my pregnancy magazines, I've napped. I had guacamole for lunch. (Yes, I can make a whole avocado with tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, cilantro, garlic salt and eat it all by myself. I love that stuff!) Another craving I've had all week is Cap'n Crunch. I have managed to skip today, but I did eat some frozen Marie Calender's chocolate, caramel, pecan pie! With a glass of milk. Of course I had the pie only after I had eaten some lentil/chicken/curry soup with brown rice. (Gotta have some balance, yeah?)

More lounging and stuff (like finish folding the clothes, looked through baby names books and such). Now Shane's on the phone with his mom and I am taking the time to write about how nice it is to be home with my hubby and just lounging. We gotta really enjoy this time before the baby comes! I love it.

At some point we'll go out to dinner an to a party we were invited to.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

I think it's quite nice to have a leisurely Saturday! Glad you enjoyed it. I imagine your guacamole is fantastic.

10:12 PM, November 11, 2007  
Blogger kika said...

Guacamole is just fantastic! ANy which way, so long as it is avocado....well, actually no. Some people do tend to mess it up with sour cream and mayo. I think less is more. Keep it simple. Just remember the colors of the Mexican flag and you're good to go. Red=tomatoes, green= cilantro and jalapenos, white=onions. Then season with salt and garlic powder to taste. Simple. Not all that extra creamy fattening stuff.

7:22 AM, November 14, 2007  
Blogger kika said...

Thanks Shane!

For correcting my spelling. I don't know what I was thinking!

7:22 AM, November 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home