Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Hola again

Barcelona, day three


Still in Barcelona, Spain... I gave my presentation today, to a nonplussed audience! Every day, we are all finding out about the connections in disparate fields like chemistry, ocean dynamics, celestial mechanics, and even quantum mechanics (the non-intuitive Alice in Wonderland theory about the world of microscopic particles). Such was the purpose of the meeting. Maybe we'll come out with some Chaotician Manifesto.

I was really pooped when the meeting ended up this afternoon at 5. I had been up late last night working on my talk. So I took a late siesta and then wandered the city, admiring the fairy tale architecture of Gaudí. And hey, check out this church dripped from heaven. I wish I had had enough money to buy a digital camera before the trip; then I could share real time photos, with you guys. Photos like
this one.

Well, anyway, time is running out on my meter. I'm staying in the Muslim part of town. I'm at the place across the street right now. One of those places with booths where you make long distance calls to Uruguay for cheap. IIn the back are some computer terminals like the ones you learned to type on in junior high, but they have something like internet access. There are people arguing extremely loudly in a foreign language near those booths. Okay, it's resolved now.

Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home