Friday, December 31, 2004

2004's nearly out the door

I live two blocks away from the Rose Parade route, and yet again, I won't be seeing the parade. But that's okay. I've never been a big fan of the parade. If I got nice seats or was willing to brave the cold and sit out on the sidewalk... hey, that sounds like something I would do! Well, maybe some other year.

For the past several days, I have turned my orderly apartment into this. Those couches you see, you can have `em if you want. I'm moving my non-couch stuff out, some to Jessica's place where we'll be living. The rest goes to a cold heartless storage facility where you give them money and you can put your stuff there, no questions asked, if ya know what I mean. It's kinda like a Swiss Bank Account for stuff.

In other news, I'm almost done with Lost Christianities by Bart D. Ehrman, a look at the diversity of early Christian beliefs and the story about how one set of beliefs, what we now call "orthodox," prevailed. The book was loaned to me by a guy from church, when Jessica and I had dinner with his family and other people a couple of weeks ago. It has been enlightening and for the most part it seems a well researched look at history and historical documents, especially those which were thought "lost" but have been found due to serendipitous recent archeological findings (serendipitous or some Hand behind it?).

And now it's only two more weeks till the Big Day! Yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home