Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It's sunny out.

It is a beautiful and sunny day. It's cold, too.
I am doing laundry.
Monday, was Shane and my 2nd year wedding anniversary. How cool is that? We've been blissfully and happily married for two years. Although I cannot remember life before Shane, it still seems weird that it's already been 2 years since we said our vows. We had the party of the century!
Two years later and here I am in B'burg just as I said in my vows to Shane: "Wherever you go, I will go. Wherever you live, I will live."

And true to that again, next week, I will be following him to Sedona, AZ. :)
I am extra excited for the fact that we will fly into Phoenix where my cousin lives. She has been my cousin for a long time! (LOL! I am so happy that I am being giddy...) Okay, what I mean to say is that we are nearly the same age. She is 19 days older than me. Even though we have not lived near each other, since we were 10 years old, we have been pretty close at heart.

The weekend she got married is the same weekend that I realized that I really liked Shane a lot. Prior to her wedding, Shane and I had been "hanging out" for about 5 months as "friends". So much so that when I left for the weekend, to attend her wedding, I really, really, really missed him quite a bit.

On my way home from her wedding late Sunday night he and I spoke on the phone for quite a while. On the following morning my cousin and her new hubby were flying into LAX, for a layover of about 10 hours. I had promised her to hang out with them and show them around town while they waited for their flight to their honeymoon in Jamaica. Shane agreed to go with me. That morning before we picked them up at the airport, Shane asked me to be his girlfriend. So, my cousin and her hubby were the first to see us officially as a couple! We had a lot of fun driving around LA that day! So, anyway... I am very excited to go hang out with them.

Then Sedona will be cool, too. While Shane is working during the day, I will chillin' like some artsie-fartsie-type at some hip coffee shop... reading, maybe I will draw something... whatever I get inspired to do. I will be doing it.

Shout out to Giancarlo and Sonja, in Pasadena. Congratulations on the 10lb.1oz, bouncing-baby-boy, Elijah James!! Yay! Born on our anniversary, Jan. 15th!!! Talk about time flying by. When Giancarlo was at our wedding- he wasn't married. Now he's married and has a baby! Whoop whoop!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Jessica, I really like that story. :)

Happy anniversary, and have a great trip.

5:08 PM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Stephen said...

Argh. I have a [simple] paper at the Sedona conference, but I decided not to go. Now I wish I had.

9:21 AM, January 18, 2007  
Blogger kika said...

Thanks, Jenny!
That's too bad, Stephen. That would've been fun to hang out.

12:18 PM, January 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home