Sunday, December 31, 2006

The holidays.. in B'burg.

Sorry, it's been a while since I last posted. I have gotten busy, lazy, and interested in different hands-on things.
I flat ironed Shane's hair.

I did some crocheting.

Christmas shopped for Shane's gift. An espresso machine.

And with a help from my new friend, Celia, I made sweet tamales.


In between all those activities I managed to buy (at the farmer's market) three little pumpkins and made several batches of empanadas. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of them to show you. But they turned out pretty good and people liked them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Sweet tamales! Delicious!!!

Shane looks a lot like Natalie in that first picture.

8:09 PM, January 01, 2007  
Blogger kika said...

LOL!
YEah, he does look like Natalie.
The tamales came out surprisingly good. It was our first attempt and I was very pleased. Unfortunately, before these, Shane had only tried the hot meat-filled ones so the sweet tamales were a shock to his taste buds. He couldn't get over it. He says, " I don't dislike them, I just don't like them very much."
Actually, it's good thing he didn't like them very much. They are super high in fat!!!

8:52 AM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger Jenny said...

mmm....I love sweet tamales. In fact, I don't care for the meat-filled ones at all. I am used to them only through El Cholo, which makes them great! I also have bought them via the Farmers Market in Burbank but with not as good results.

9:53 PM, January 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home