Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Fe Fi Fo Fum, well I'll be darn here it comes...

Today was a gray day.
Thankfully it did not affect my mood (it usually does).

Well, I took the local transit bus today. And it felt like it was my first day at school or at a job. I ran late to an appointment I had this morning. All because I missed the bus. Standing at the bus stop (a short block away from my house)I realized, after waiting about 5 minutes,that I had forgotten my cell phone. Even though I knew the bus was due any moment I ran back to the house to get my phone. As I walked out my door, sure enough, the bus passed by. I went back for my phone because sometime later in the morning Shane was going to call me. And so, I missed the bus. That had a domino effect because then I missed the bus that I was to transfer to later. For both bus rides I had to wait 15 minutes for the bus to arrive. So, I felt really lame when I arrived to my appointment exactly a half hour late. Nonetheless, I did not feel bad about the whole thing. I just felt silly. Thankfully, the person I was to meet did not get too upset (not that I could tell, anyway).

Give me a Ho, if you've got your funky bus fare... Ho, HO,Ho...

2 Comments:

Blogger shane said...

Though unfortunate, your transit problem is an interesting one mathematically. You could even include some kind of economics-ish 'cost-benefit' analysis: getting your phone and missing the bus versus taking the bus, but then having to find some other way to contact me.

1:33 PM, November 30, 2006  
Blogger Jenny said...

I wonder what would have happened in a parallel universe if you had remembered your cell phone and were on time?

2:04 PM, November 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home