Tuesday, November 28, 2006

While in Reston...

We visited Uncle Alex and Aunt Charlotte's church. The service and worship time was really cool.

With all the traveling I have done this month, I have missed quite a bit of church... I miss the worship services from Pasadena. The band there was jamming. Our current church, they jam but not quite as "hard" or upbeat. It has been, I guess, what could be called more soulful (?)... not a lot of clapping or dancing. We have flags and some people go up and do some modern dance type steps.... but not exactly something I would go do. ANYWay... the church in Reston was a little more upbeat and they sang songs that we used to sing in Pasadena. Knowing them and feeling free to express myself in the old familiar way, I just let go and met with God. He is awesome and so worthy to be praised. We sang "How great Thou art" and it brought me so much joy to sing it to the Lord! It brought me to tears. No matter where you go, worshipping God is still worshipping God. Maybe I cried because it had been a while and it has been a difficult month for me. But God is so good and being able to worship Him is such a huge blessing! I was overjoyed.

So, this church had a visitor center where they sold books and music and stuff. I bought two worship cds and a book. The book is one that Shane used to have. He let someone borrow it and never got it back. I have been wanting to read it so I went ahead and bought it. The cds, one was the church band and the other is a band I have never heard of (not that I know many Christian bands...). BUt the cd is awesome!!! It has songs that I have always liked and didn't know they were hyms! And it sounds pretty cool, not dull or boring as some might expect. Check it itout.

So yesterday I was playing that cd and was worshipping and singing in my kitchen. So cool! So that is what inspired me to write the last blog... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home