Sunday, January 21, 2007

Our first winter in B'burg.

So far we have had interesting weather. Lots of sun, light snow here and there. I think twice already. Today though, we have what they call a "wintry mix?" What in the world??? I think it sounds like some delicious hot cocoa/peppermint latte.... or a cinnamon spice frappaccino?
But no, it is this. Light snow, that turns into water on the way down, then hits a cold patch that makes it ice when it hits the ground. Or something like that. Basically, it is freakin' cold outside. It looked white on the ground this morning and now it has turned into snowcone type white ice stuff on the ground. Looking outside our window you can see the little icy balls bouncing off the railing on our balcony.
We opted not to go to church this morning due to the weather and have thus dwindled away our Sunday just lounging and reading. Yup, it is 3:30 pm and I am still in my pjs and robe. The robe keeps me warm. Shane is in his pjs, but instead of wearing his robe, I looked up from reading a magazine to find, he's got on his Northface all-climate jacket. His hood is up and the jacket is zipped up to cover half his face! It is a funny sight to see.

At this very moment I can see, through the window, my neighbor is brushing off the ice on his car. The girl, with him, pounded on the hood a little to break up the ice? Weird.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Yes, wintry mix is a strange phenomenon. And - you're right! I've never thought about it before, but it does sound like the name of a Starbucks drink!

4:08 PM, January 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home