Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mixed thoughts and feelings.

Okay, so I reread the previous post and I really feel bad, even ashamed, to have written such harsh words about two complete strangers. Two people that put their lives out there on display (kinda like this blog) exposing some really ugly character flaws. Whether it was for show or drama (maybe the show's editing escalated the drama by showing more of the ugly than good) I allowed it to draw me in. The emotions and feelings that it stirred in me were pretty ugly.

I was disgusted by the inconsistency of moral uprightness. The one person was so ashamed of being dubbed a "racist" but did not express remorse for being mean, rude and awful. That was very strange.

Then the other girl that was two-faced. Enough said. Being a two-face is probably worse than just being a bully. There the person is neither here nor there. Spineless to stand and be either good or bad.

Well, my mixed feelings come from two places. One, I feel ashamed for getting so upset at these two individuals. The show is set up for viewers to judge these people, and so I did. And harshly. That is pretty bad, isn't it? Two, even though I may be right to be angry, where is God's grace? Rather than get so angry, I should feel sad and moved to pray for them, right? Or stop watching the show? Rather than fueling disdain for these individuals, I should be loving them, right?

I am glad that God is not like me. And I wish I were more like God.

1 Comments:

Blogger kika said...

Hi Matt.
Thanks for your comment. I appreciate it.
I almost just deleted the post. It's funny how sometimes you can't take words back because they don't stick around to remind us that we said them. Especially if noone noticed... but on a blog it was good for me to be able to go back and rethink what I wrote/felt.. and admit that it was not a good thing.

9:47 AM, January 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home