Wednesday, February 07, 2007

His and Hers...




Yesterday afternoon we got snow... lots of it. Within an hour, I would guess we got about 3 inches. By morning it grew to about 5 inches. All day I was tempted to go out and play in it. I had my lady friends over all afternoon, so I couln't do it. When the last one was leaving she told me was heading to the thrift store to go see if they had any snow sleds. She invited me, so we went on a wild goose chase. Okay, not so wild. First, the thrift store was closed. So, then we headed to the Family dollar store. They didn't have any. The last try was the market next door. We saw these beauties the second we walked in the door! She bought one, and I bought two. One for Shane and one for me.

When Shane got home, we ate dinner pretty quickly then headed out the backdoor! We went across the street to the church lawn. Yes, a church lawn. It was pristine clean snow. Noone had dared all day to break it in. Since it was dark out noone saw us or chased us away. We played in the snow for about a half hour. It was a workout! Now we are back in our warm and cozy home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

How funny you got snow! It has been completely dry up here. Glad you took advantage of it!

4:13 PM, February 08, 2007  
Blogger kika said...

Yeah, the snow is still around. Yesterday, it took me about 20 minutes to move my car. I had not moved it since the day it started snowing, so it had a buildup of snow around the tires. It was probably quite a funny sight to see. I got in and out of my car about 3 times to shovel snow. It was fun.

4:49 PM, February 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home